Getting tired of using Roon - too many bugs?

I am really getting tired of using ROON and I am seriously considering to resort to use Qobuz only.
Latest issue (and very similar to what has been now far too often happening to me in the last few years): while playing music, all of a sudden the album stops playing and it just “disappears” from my library. Then all of my library starts disappearing until it gets to zero albums. I then need to go back to Qobuz and resync it all (16250 favourite albums…). It is so frustrating and so annoying: what is going on Roon!?!?

I am really getting tired of using ROON and I am seriously considering to resort to use Qobuz only.
Latest issue (and very similar to what has been now far too often happening to me in the last few years): while playing music, all of a sudden the album stops playing and it just “disappears” from my library. Then all of my library starts disappearing until it gets to zero albums. I then need to go back to Qobuz and resync it all (16250 favourite albums…). It is so frustrating and so annoying: what is going on Roon!?!?

Hi,

If you require help from the support team, please open a support request in the Support category of the forum which is monitored by Roon.

Please supply full details of your setup and issue, this will greatly aid the support process.

Note, the Support link is clickable and will take you to the correct place to create your request.

Thank you.

3 Likes

You should probably post this in support - in the past, this issue has been caused by a watched folder on a drive that is experiencing intermittent connectivity; i.e., Roon is just reporting what it “sees” in the watched folder.

4 Likes

An issue like this was reported in 2023, and there seemed to be a fix for it.

1 Like

Indeed, but there may have been a change in code on either the part of Qobuz or Roon Labs. That’s why the Support team should get involved to investigate further. There are similar reports occurring in the last few days, so their involvement is necessary…

2 Likes

Sounds like the OP is streaming from Qobuz and it and Tidal do not reside in a watched folder. That would only be for Local Files.
It is a connectivity and syncing issue that has been reported a fair bit in the last 2-3 weeks if you do a quick search.
Mainly with Tidal but I also experienced the Qobuz Library disappear and then rebuild over a 4-5 hr period (about 15000 albums) before moving to a continual Sync issue with Tidal.
I have stopped subs till this gets sorted.

1 Like

A simple question I often wonder about

In the face of such bizarre behaviour how come I dont see such issues ?

I have been using Roon for 7 years and to my memory i have never identified a “true bug”, feature shortfall yes but bugs no.

Roon has to contend with such a wide spectrum of audio gear surely if such bugs were common the whole forum would be alight

It must be down to a local situation?

Just my 2p

4 Likes

Lucky I guess I went nearly 6 years without any major issues other than cloud problems which crop up more often than they should. You recently had the remote issue, if that’s not a bug I don’t know what is.

Roon has so many different components that not all users access or have ever used all of them and some in combo with others manifest in different ways. Some will shrug it off as it’s just an oddity or as you say shortfall. I would not say Roons poor handling of large boxsets is a shortfall it’s a bug as I am sure it was not intended to work like that.

I have several unresolved bugs. One nearly two years old it’s not a deal breaker one but it’s a bug. Reported several over the last month or so.

Issue with ARC crashing Roon server constantly was a big bug. But didn’t affect everyone, it was down to integration with LastFM being broken. You don’t use LastFm it would never have hit you.

Memory consumption is never going to affect you as you reboot everyday but it’s well documentated Roon can pretty much get stuck and exhaust all a systems ram and slows down to become unusable.

You might only have one listening zone and not use the many other protocols Roon supports. Airplay was severely broken for many recently. Sonos users have had on/off issues for years, mines been perfectly fine but I only have had one device and not many. Doesn’t make the issues others have any less valid.

People randomly loosing favourites from Qobuz is again well documented on here, doesn’t affect everyone. Tidal recently has had issues syncing. Doesn’t affect me as I don’t keep favourites in streaming doesn’t mean I dismiss it as not being a bug.

Issues with cloud services doesn’t affect everyone all the time. For my geolocation and isp it’s pretty noticeable early on.

If there was a major bug with composition browser I would not be affected as I rarely use it. But I am sure many would that use it.

Every user uses Roon in different ways, runs it on different hardware, has a different network environment, isp is one many cannot control how or what they do and many don’t have the will or way to problem solve the issues themselves.

2 Likes

You’re just very lucky Mike, the last release has broken Airplay for many (myself included). I’ve gone from three rooms of musical entertainment to one :cry:

1 Like

Apologies I missed that one , it was annoying but didn’t stop play but a bug non the less.

1 Like

Ah don’t use Airplay so missed that one. I have been lucky I do agree , I suspect my daily restart helps a lot, even so in winter I leave it all on and am still not seeing the type of issues often seen here.

1 Like

Nature of software. Software we use at work I can easily demonstrate bugs to do with threading that cause it to crash. They claim they can’t repeat it. Had them in to show them. All runs on correct spec hardware no modifications to the software just the way we used it wasn’t how they where testing it step for step.

3 Likes