Giant log file created by Roon?

could i also know what your systems look like? clearly macs…, but what os? machine?

Mine is top of range 15" MBP Mid 2014, 16GB RAM, 2.8 GHz i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, running 10.10.3 … this is the slave; master is almost identical except slightly older

Master/slave? This isn’t the 1800’s Paul :smile:

Which one is “slave”? The remote?

Core: Mac mini 2011, i5 8GB 256GB SSD, 10.10.3

Remote: MBP 2014, i7 16GB 256GB SSD, Intel Graphics only, 10.10.3.

Core runs fine, remote has been renamed ‘Big Log’. :wink:

@RBM’s setup is nearly identical to my home setup. I will keep an eye out for anything bad.

build 13 should have this fixed.

Yours is called Big Log too? :wink:

We’ll see with the next release – it’s only a minor annoyance, quickly remedied by deleting the logs.

Ha! This is the remote

are you guys only noticing this when you sleep your computer?

Yep, both times.

No, I didn’t sleep the computer.

By the way, today’s log file has just hit 51 GB on the remote, and completely filled my MBP disk. And everytime I make some space, it fills it again - about 1 GB per minute now. I wonder if it is because it can’t see the server (that crashed - reported separately).

It’s full of this:

05/31 09:58:45 Critical: scx: in OnAfterExit: : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

05/31 09:58:45 Critical: scx: in OnAfterExit: : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I have uploaded the preamble to this (first 30000 lines of the log file) to Roon_log.50GB.txt.zip on your upload server.

Aside from fixing the crashes and exception reporting, @danny can you add a couple of checks to a) prevent the log file growing too big and b) not allowing the log file to fill the system disk EVER because you know how much havoc a completely full system disk can wreak. All these kinds of problems seem very familiar to when we worked together, don’t you think? :wink: