GL_ARB_framebuffer_object OpenGL extension is required

I have a Samsung NP-R730 laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to install Roon software but I get the following error message"GL_ARB_flamebuffer_object OpenGL extension is required". How can I resolve this please. I have investigated the graphics driver but windows tells me that it has been modified by the manufacturer and advises not to update.

Hi,

I believe that the Samsung NP-R730 is fitted with an Intel GMA 4500 graphics chip which only supports OpenGL 2.1.

Roon requires OpenGL 3.x for it to run.

As this is a hardware requirement, you are not going to solve it with a driver update.

I’m having a similar error. After release of 1.2, I decided to dust off an HP DV4T laptop, bring it up to Win 10 and use it for RoonRemote to serve my Devialet via USB while using the HDMI port to display the Roon images as well on my large screen TV. Seemed like a great idea…

The problem is that after I installed Roon, I immediately get the OpenGL 3.0 or higher is required error… last part is:

GL_ARB_framebuffer_object extension is missing

My display adapter is at current rev. I even went through uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. It’s…

Display adapters
Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chpset family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Any insight on how to get RoonRemote working on this laptop is much appreciated!

This laptop is equipped with Intel GMA 4500MHD graphic card - It doesn’t support OpenGL 3.X. You won’t be able to launch RoonRemote on this machine.

Bummer :disappointed: But thanks for the quick response.