Goo Goo Dolls, The Goo Goo Dolls issue

Hi,

You need to unify Goo Goo Dolls and The Goo Goo Dolls because Roon recognize the first but not the latter.

In fact, in the track list, I have a Goo Goo Dolls favourite song and in the Album Artist colomn I cannot click to the artist ( The Goo Goo Dolls) but I can click correctly on the Artist colomn (Goo Goo Dolls without the “The”).

It’s worth checking the metadata for the albums to see whether changing them to “Goo Goo Dolls” gets rid of the unwanted “TheL.

Otherwise i’m sure @Joel will be able to help.

@RiseFall123 Is this a TIDAL album you are seeing this with?

I added from Tidal.

Album artist is “the” and its not recognized by Roon.

Artist instead is without “The” and its ok with Roon.

Roon should link the two names together.

Indeed it should, and it now does (edit made). Will take up to a week to filter into your library.

Thanks for the report.

1 Like

Hi,

the issue is still present, we have two Goo Goo Dolls, the one is with the “The” and the other is without.

The one without the “The” is clickable while the latter is White.

The album is imported with Tidal.

@ivan I suspect there is something in this guy’s tags.

I have 90% tidal tracks and 10% local disk, this one is only a path…

I have issues with many artists The and without The mostly.

Marco, please accept my apologies about the bluntness of my previous reply; it wasn’t meant to be seen by anyone other than @ivan :frowning:

What is strange is that, following the edit I made some time ago, we have good equivalence here. Please can you post some screenshots of what you are seeing? Thanks.

I will screenshot once at home.

A question: after you did the changes, I need to delete and then add the albums from Tidal again?

No, you shouldn’t need to delete and re-add.

Hi,

this is the screenshot:

Oh I see. Thanks for posting. This is fixable your end by editing the Album Artist, but I understand the generic problem. We’ll take this one away and work on it.