Google (APK) Update Failure

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus + Version 1.7 (Build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Nucleus connected directly to router. Roon player, Amazon Fire 10 HD, has wifi connection.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Brooklyn DAC+ attached to Nucleus via USB

Description Of Issue

The initial roll-out thread announcing the lastest 571 Build suggested:

" All platforms and apps should update automatically."

Not so in my case at least. A regular contributor to the forums was kind enough to provide me with a link to Roon’s remote controller update page and suggested I use the Google (APK) version.

I was able to download, open, and initiate the installation. But after the installation progress bar completed, I was greeted with an error notice stating that the app did not install.

When I initially installed the Amazon app for 2019 HD 10 tablet, I was glad to learn that it was not necessary to jump through a bunch of hoops in order to install the app which others had encountered with earlier releases. Any suggestions is sincerely appreciated.

Hi again @jb76,

As I mentioned in the other thread, it may take a bit of time for app updates to roll out to their respective app stores, but if you have further issues after checking tonight, just let me know and we can take another look here!

1 Like

Happy to report that my Amazon Fire HD 10 automatically upgraded to Version 1.7 (Build 571) while I was at work today. Thanks.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic news @jb76, glad to hear this issue is sorted out!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.