Google Assistant or Google Actions support

Any chance to offer Roon as part of Google actions?

Basic commands such as volume control and continuing last played playlist or music genre or similar would suffice for the beginning :grin:

May as well add Siri and Alexa into the mix too. I wish my apple watch could pause a track playing too especially when a call comes in on my mobile

Alexa requests have already been placed. But assistant is missing. As far as Siri goes: the ā€œperformanceā€ never convinced me.

Nevertheless, Roon Dev team already confirmed that they will first tackle Alexa as it is the most abundant voice assistant out there.

I just mentioned Google actions because apparently it is an easy entrance to google assistance as opposed to fully fledged Google assistant ā€œskillā€

I donā€™t use Alexa or google whatever assistant it isā€¦just Siri here. But havenā€™t seen any reference to roon being used with any of the 3 options that I can think of.

+1 for Google.

1 Like

indeed. seeing how crazy google is subsidizing their google home mini (in Germany at least), I guess google has some aggressive plans to quickly become the number one voice assistant. by now, you can by a google home mini for 19ā‚¬, but triggered by black friday dealsā€¦

being an alexa user at my home, i decided to ditch all alexa devices, because I realized google assistant might not have as many skills as alexa but it has the the most important ones and actually more relevant skills.

so i put my alexa devices on ebay and ordered a whole bunch auf google home devicesā€¦

@k1282 - ?

The offer is for ā€˜ā‚¬20 offā€™ - from the normal price of ā‚¬59 : ā‚¬39 each at the Google Store Germany

Where have you seen them for ā‚¬19 ?

1. tink.de and conrad.de offer the home mini for 33ā‚¬
  2. if you sign up for a newsletter at conrad.de, you willr eceive a 5ā‚¬ voucher, making it 28ā‚¬. order 2 of them an you will reach free delivery threshold, making it an even better deal
  3. otto.de offers 15ā‚¬ voucher if you order as a new client, making it 18.99ā‚¬ for a home mini. as i never ordered at otto.de it applied to me. alternatively, just sign up as a new user and and add your friendā€™s home address, so that otto.de thinks you are a new user :slight_smile:, only - of course - if your friend is OK with it. or even easier: create a new account for your wife :slight_smile:
2 Likes