Google dns settings do they stop arc Roon working

Despite doing all the guides and suggested changes my dell pc core and sky router don’t accept arc Roon settings. The only system change I have done is to use google dns which does say it imposes extra security so perhaps this impacts. Any advice on this. My only trouble is I do t know my original sky settings. Hence I am not changing to test.
But any rooners out there use Google dns settings and Roon arc successfully?

Yes, I can confirm it works with Google DNS.

Can you post some details on your network setup, your isp details, what errors are you getting?

2 Likes

Hi @Alister_Scott1,

We often times recommend Google DNS as a way to test if DNS is a part of the issue.

We’ll need a bit more detail to help you get ISSUE resolved. Would you mind filling out the support template below? You can copy and paste it into your reply, thanks!

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.