Google home mini missing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon 1.6)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have several Google Home Minis on my network, but they don’t all show up in Roon. How can I add them?

Hi @Charles_Snider,

Do you have any other Chromecast devices on your network? Are they showing up in Roon?

Can you provide some details about your Core and network setup?

Yes, I have a Chromecast Audio and another Google Home Mini that show up and work fine. But I have three other GH mini’s do not show up.

I am running the latest Core 1.6 (latest build) on Linux.

Also, it appears there is no way to “delete” or “add” devices manually?

Hi @Charles_Snider,

Any device that is available for use in Roon should be able to be found at Settings > Audio. Since these devices aren’t showing there, they aren’t being properly seen by Roon.

Can you confirm that these devices are on the same subnet as the Core?

Is there any difference in how these Google Home Mini devices are connected to the network compared to the one that is working?

No, all the Chromecast and Google Home Mini’s are on the same wifi network; it could be possible that they connect to different apps. . But both are on the same subnet

Hi @Charles_Snider,

Using the Google Home app, can you confirm that all of the Chromecast devices are set up and fully updated? If there are any updates available for the devices try giving that a try and let us know if that helps.

Yes all setup, but only two show up in Roon. One GHM and a Chromecast Audio.

Thanks for confirming, @Charles_Snider.

Moving forward, I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account. First, I’m hoping you can do the following:

• Reboot your router, the Chromecast devices, and the Core machine
  • Once all have started up, open Roon and go to Settings > Audio to verify the devices do not appear
  • Make a note of the time you open Settings > Audio and respond here with that time

We will then enable diagnostics and take a look at what’s happening on Roon’s end when it’s discovering devices.

Thanks!

Saturday 7th at 4:41 pm CST

Note that three of five Chrome devices showed up. Chromecast Audio, “Big Bedroom” (which always shows up), and Penny’s bedroom.

The one I want to use Guest Bedroom did not show up.
c

Hi @Charles_Snider,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

1 Like

Hi @Charles_Snider,

Can you perform a factory reset of the Chromecast devices that aren’t working, set them up once more, and then share a screenshot of Settings > Audio?

Will do tonight. Sorry for the dely

1 Like

Did the 1.7 update, and here’s what I have, so thanks for fixing it. Screenshot_20191122-095732|281x500

Updated 12/10/2019.
I still have issues reliably connecting Roon to Chromecast devices, including Google Home Mini and Chromecast Audio, to the point where I’ve given up using them.
Roon-tested my you know what…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.