Roon Core Machine

Server 2016 auf HyperV, AMD Ryzen7 3700X

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FritzBox 7590

Connected Audio Devices

Chromecast Google Stick with Google TV

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have a new Google stick with Google TV. This is also shown to me twice in the audio settings.

1. as Roon Tested Chromecast.
  2. as Google Cast Group, because I assigned the stick to a device group in the Google Home app.

In the device group, the stick is the only device.
Neither audio setting can be activated. Other Chromecast devices (speakers) run without any problems. Both individually and in groups.
At the beginning of my attempts to set up the new stick, I was still shown a selection menu of different sticks when I tried to activate “Roon Tested Chromecast”. This is no longer displayed to me either.
The web display also does not work with the stick.
Tentatively, I also installed a new Core on a “normal” Windows 11 and an Intel I7 with few titles in the library. Also without success.
The network is fast enough, I can stream 4K movies without problems also via Chromecast.
How do I set up the stick correctly in Roon?

This is what it looked like when I try to activate the stick in a newly set up core. This is as far as it goes.

I have found the solution. We have a Pihole in use here. Follow address had to whitelist: firebaselogging-pa.googleapis.com

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.