Got an email introducing 1.7 build 537... Go to try it, now my Core is not visible to my clients

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is running on a Synology DS718+ NAS w/ 8GB ram, has been stable for a year now, no changes. Was running Roon 1.7 (previous build)

Clients - Windows 10, iPhone 8 / ios 13

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology NAS
Netgear gigabit dumb switch
Ruckus unleashed R500 wifi AP

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RaspberryPi / DietPi / HifiBerry DAC+ on hardwire cat6

Description Of Issue

Core is not being found by clients. Doesn’t show up if I try to rescan by “Select a different core”

Clients and core are on a simple flat LAN. No recent changes to network / wifi / local DNS, etc. All other network functions nominal. We’re working from home, my wife would kill me if I broke the network.

Have you done any troubleshooting like rebooting everything?

Hi @Andy_Newell,

Does the Synology show that RoonServer is running?

Any change if you reboot the device?

Thanks for asking. Yesterday: Synology shows RoonServer service is running. I have tried restarting the service several times, no joy. I have rebooted both Windows and iOS clients. No NAS reboot yet, will schedule for overnight.

Today: Joy! Full reboot of the NAS device, RoonService starts & shows running on NAS. Windows client had been disassociated & attempted to “find Core”. It found my Core and I reauthenticated. Client up and running with my library after a longer-than-usual pause. Now that I can see what is going on, the Windows client currently leads the Core by the latest release.

Problem is resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.