Got new router, some devices not showing in Audio Devices

Sonic Transporter i5, 4TB internal SSD, latest Roon build, use Mac OS devices to control
Netgear Nighthawk AX12/Arris Surfboard SB8200/Hugo 2 is connected via wireless, Oppo is hardwired via ethernet to router.

I had to replace my router and got a Nighthawk AX12. Everything is connected and Roon is working but some of my connected devices that show as Enabled on the Audio tab no longer show up as Zones in that box. The missing devices are my Hugo 2 and my Oppo 205 which were showing and playing yesterday. Also even though both devices show up as Enabled in Audio Settings, I can’t enter a name for these devices–every time I fill in the box for the name – ie Hugo 2, Oppo – the name I enter is not saved. The name box just blanks out after I fill it in. The device still shows as the Hugo 2 and the Oppo in the text Roon supplies about the device and the icons are correct. I have been using these devices on this system for 2+ years only change is the new router. I tried disabling and re-enabling both devices on Setup, no change. Restarted/rebooted router, modem, Sonic Transporter, Roon and no change.

have you rebooted the STi5?

Yes but I can do it again

Progress! Rebooting the Sonic Transporter again restored 2 of 3 missing devices and allowed me to name them in the Zone box! Only the Hugo 2 is missing now.

Hi @Sarah_Clement,

Is there any change if you refresh your RAATServer folder? Please see steps below:

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Stop RoonServer on the SonicTransporter
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Let us know if this helps!

Hi Dylan, thanks for info on refreshing the RAAT server, I’ll save those instructions for possible use down the road, but for now I recovered all my devices and could name them etc so I am good to go! Rebooting the Sonic Transporter a couple of times seemed to do the trick.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.