Got Nucleus---can't install it

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core on Macbook Pro laptop, Monterrey Version 12.6.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eero router, using VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I can’t switch core to Nucleus. It doesn’t even see Nucleus as best I can tell. I took a flash drive and copied Roon from laptop to Nucleus. Don’t even know if it worked.
Can I please have someone walk me through this? I’m a lifetime subscriber and not an idiot, but am 75 and not able to navigate the nonsense and articles, leading me to screens and functions that do not exist for me.

Nucleus comes with Roon pre-installed. You didn’t need to copy Roon software from your Mac.

Where do you believe you copied the Roon software to on the Nucleus?

BTW, I am 72. I’m willing to help you.

Hopefully, you did not destroy your Nucleus? First time, I’ve heard someone who did it. :slight_smile:
It is just plug and play, i.e. just like any electrical appliances.

Hi @Ken,

Diagnostics show that your Nucleus is up and running. The Nucleus is plug-and-play out of the box. All you’ll need to do is copy a Roon Backup to a USB drive and plug that into the Nucleus, and then access that backup from the file browser in the Nucleus web administration page.

It appears you’ve now accessed your library from your Nucleus, so I apologize if these steps are now redundant, but we’re standing by to assist if you still need help. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hi @Ken,

I double-checked, and it does appear that your Nucleus has been online very recently. I recommend updating to the latest version now that you’re back online.

Please let me know if I’m mistaken and you still require assistance - otherwise, we’ll close this thread out in just a few days automatically.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.