Group delay when using Internet Radio (expected?)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK OS 1.0 (build 174) Software 1.6 (build 401)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabit ethernet to ROCK and endpoints.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Various Airplay Devices

Description Of Issue

This is more of a request of what to expect than an outright issue…
When I group two Airplay devices together and play local files the sync between devices is really really good. However, Internet Radio is out of sync enough to cause a slight echo room to room if you’re standing in-between the systems. It’s off by milliseconds which, isn’t much, but it’s enough to be distracting.

It is a very tad better if I turn DSP off but still not as good as local files.

Should I expect Internet Radio to be in sync? I assumed the buffering and local serving of audio would be no different than files.

Is there some work to be done to account to the DSP processing time of one endpoint vs another so they stay in sync? Maybe DSP should just be off / disabled when grouping zones?

Thanks Roon!

Thanks for the report, @ipeverywhere!

I’ve passed this along to the team for investigation and will let you know when I’ve received their feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.