Grouping tracks in new album

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus, 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi Pro SRR60

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bower Wilkins formation audio/duo.

Description Of Issue

On my nucleus internal SSD i have a Music folder 1001 greatest 1990 hits…
It has 1007 FLAC tracks.

The album is not shown correctly in roon.
On browser track i have choosen the path to this map/folder and have regrouped the tracks. Strange enough there are only 567 tracs.
When i add those tracks to a new album it result to only 180 tracs.

By the way, is there an option to select all the tracs in the same path wich point to the same map/folder on the internal ssd music?

Thank You very much in advance.
Yours faithfully
Frederik Likaj

There is a limit on the number of tracks per disc, see

One way around this is to make a box set, see this KB article for the folder structure, or use a metadata tagger.

Alternatively, you could just make it a playlist.

I don’t know why you only imported 567 tracks. Does Settings > Library > Skipped files show anything?

Does this KB article help?

1 Like

Hello @Frederik_Taso_Likaj,

Brian has some great information in his post! Also, I’m curious if this collection is a box set or something you’ve assembled yourself Please let me know and we can discuss the best strategy for this collection from there!

It is a collection of 100 CD rip in one map.
Thank You for the info regarding the limit of 180 tracks per album.
I have organized the tracks in 8 CD.
Now i am adding 8 albums related to those CD.
Is there a smart way regarding album title etc to groupe the albums. The titles i have created are 1001 Greatest 1990 Hits - CD1 and so on.

Thank You very much in advance.

You can merge different albums into one, using the Merge feature. Select all of them on the album view, click Edit, then Merge.

Hello @Frederik_Taso_Likaj, we have a good article available here with the steps for merging these albums, let us know if you have any questions about the steps! For further reading, we also recommend this article on identifying box sets.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.