Gustard DAC-R26 Discreet R2R Streamer/Renderer

Yes I left mine 24/7 running low volume, that is fine. I just crank it up in the evening and have a listen:)

1 Like

Because itā€™s internally connected via USB. So it is technically USB input but connected to internal streamer.

This may be more of a networking issue than a Roon issue but when I connect the R26 directly to my router my Roon core will find it right away but when I connect it to my mesh router (Synology), my network sees it but it is not recognized by the Roon core.

Need to be on the same IP segment as the roon server/coreā€¦

Hi!
As far as I see MQA is not supported. Is it true?
Cheers
Christian

It does indeed support MQA.
http://www.gustard.cn/?post_type=products&page_id=12964

1 Like

Thatā€™s really fast. Who did you purchase from to get such quick shipping? Link?

Thanks in advance. Iā€™m thinking very seriously of getting one.

Hereā€™s where I ordered from that only took 6 days:
https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/gustard-r26-discrete-r2r-decoder-with-streamer-renderer-pcm768-dsd512-bluetooth-xmos-xu216-high-performance-audio-decoder

2 Likes

Thanks. I just placed my order for one.

I think I would like to buy one but I am not sure where to buy.
Here

It looks like the DAC is with MQA Support
but here

it looks like there is no MQA support.
Because I am using Tidal I would prefer the MQA Version, but for the delivery to Germany HiFigo is better, they taking care of Taxes you donā€™t have to pay something extra.
Cheers
Christian.

Iā€™d contact your preferred supplier and ask them. A few devices are MQA via the streaming element only so it should only be a matter of firmware. But it is curious as to why the marketing makes no mention of MQA.

The latest firmware supports MQA. I use Tidal + ROON and the R26 plays MQA quite well. And it DOES show this feature on the product page. ꭌčƗ德官ē½‘ | DAC-R26_cn

mqa

There is no mention of MQA in the same section of the marketing of the local outlet.

Also the board with the XMOS Chip look different thatā€™s why I am not sure about it. I have sent a mail and hopefully I will get an answer.
Cheers
Christian

1 Like

I have got an answer

Blockquote

Hi, thank you for your reply.
There is only one version of R26, which can decode MQA files.
The only reason is that the dealer has not updated the product information when we modified it.
Please donā€™t worry. We contacted the manufacturer to confirm this problem.
They said that R26 already supports MQA. It was because it has not passed the authentication and authorization before, but now it has passed.

Blockquote

Okay fine I think I will order one.
Cheers
Christian

Since last Friday The R26 is here and I am totally impressed by the sound. Simply amazing. I had a lot of DACā€™s here in the last years but this one is really outstanding good. Wow! Came with the latest firmware 1.3 and MQA decoder is working.
Cheers
Christian

1 Like

Iā€™m considering this DAC also. Please update as you have more chance to assess sound quality, stability, and ease of use. Thanks!

So after some hours listening I am still impressed. The R26 is a soundstage wonder. Natural sound with that wide and deep soundstage without adding somehing is simply great. Never heard Roger Waters Amused to death Sound effects (perfect sense part 1 , what god wantsā€¦) so precise and fokussed never heard so exact placed in the room.
Bad recordings are really hard to hear. Toni Childs- Union f.e. is hard to endure. The R26 is analytical but still bringing fun and musical flow. In the next days I will use it simply as a DAC for my Volumio Rivo. Two things I do not like are 1. The blinkin Stand by LED. Very unusual . 2. When you switch to f.e. to USB and then go back to LAN roon takes more then a minute to find the R26 again.
Cheers
Christian

1 Like

The R26 is a very very good DAC and a good streaming device. The Volumio Rivo conneced to the USB Input bring in these little extra in harmonie and stability but thatā€™s not that much. But with the Rivo you ad Spotify connect Tidal Connect and all the other Volumio features.
I am happy that I bought this DAC it will surely stay here a long time. I have also done a short test with the Gustard as a Preamp direct into my Ayre Poweramp and that was also very nice so in case you can use the R26 without a preamp without loosing this amazing soundstage.
Cheers
Christian

The R26 is on Drop right now. Discounted but delivery in January.