Hackintosh unable to run Roon

what version of Roon you are running (Settings > About)( I can not start)
What operating system you are running (OSX 10.9.5)
Basic information about the device you’re using (iMac Late 2013 RAM 16GB).
Describe where your music is stored(HDD) – this includes hard drive description and interface type (USB(Chord qute HD))
all programe is not working.
I download today but is not working please help me.

Hi @jeff708 – can you let me know a little more about your issue? Is the app not launching? Are there any error messages?

no error message I lunch after nothing show up.

Ok, understood – sorry for the trouble here. This is usually due to an issue with your OSX permissions, and it’s generally a pretty quick fix. Can you try following these steps, and let me know if you have any problems?

First make sure Roon is not running – I think this should be easy for you :slight_smile:

Then, you’ll need to open Terminal like this:

Then, you’ll want to copy this command (CMD+C) and then paste it into the terminal window (CMD+V):

sudo chown $(whoami) ~ ~/Library; chmod u+rwx ~/ ~/Library

At this point you’ll be asked to type in your password – note that you may not see anything as you type. That’s expected, so just type the password correctly, hit enter, and you’re done!

Try to run Roon again, and let me know how it goes.

Thanks @jeff708!

still is nothing show up please help me.
I run to roon I showed immediately few second after I can’t see roon icon.
please help me.

OK @jeff708 – can you try the steps outlined here, and if you’re still stuck, we’ll get some more information and figure this out.

Very sorry for the trouble here!

I checked fonts but still not working help me.
I want to try use it.

Ok @jeff708 – I’m going to send you a PM and we’ll figure out what’s going on here. Stand by.

my folder don’t have anything

After looking at this system remotely, we were able to determine that unfortunately, it does not meet the minimum requirements to run Roon.

Roon requires OpenGL in order to render our rich, fast interface. Most Windows PCs with modern graphics cards meet this requirement and it’s generally not an issue on OSX, as most Apple devices work this way out of the box. However, in this case, the “hackintosh” did not have a graphics card capable of meeting this requirement.

Our forthcoming “headless” builds will allow Roon to run as a server-only process on machines unable to render the full interface. For now this system doesn’t meet our requirements, so I’m going to close this thread.

Apologies for the inconvenience @jeff708!