Handling of MQA352.8kHz data (ripping data from a MQA-CD from Universal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 10.15.2 on Macbook Pro (Late 2016) Roon version 17 build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

on Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Akurate DS (Katalyst)

Description Of Issue

When handling MQA352.8kHz data, sometimes the Roon software can core-decode and sometimes cannot (see pictures). Any idea to solve this problem?

Hi @Masashi_Takezawa,

Can you please upload this album to Dropbox / Google Drive and send me a link via private message (click my name -> message)?

To me, it looks like a few of the tracks on this album might not be MQA and I can test this theory on my end with the media files.

The MQA classification you see on the album details references that some tracks on this album are MQA, not all tracks part of the album have to be MQA to get the classification.

You are right. Some tracks do and some tracks do not…I have sent a Google Drive link to you via message.

Hi @Masashi_Takezawa,

I am seeing the same behavior on my end, some of the tracks are encoded with MQA while others are not. I would suggest re-ripping this MQACD again, possibly with another CD Ripping tool.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.