Handling of Versions where albums are Unidentified within Roon

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Multiple releases of unidentified albums within Roon

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is the album identified in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local files

Screenshot of import settings

Set to use Roon’s metadata only/

Description of the issue

I have two versions of Mary Fahl’s “Can’t Get it Out of My Head” from - the 10 tracks 44.1/16 digital and last night I shelled out $25 for the 96/24 deluxe. Neither are yet recognised in Roon (I have just added the Deluxe release to Musicbrainz Release group “Can't Get It Out of My Head” by Mary Fahl - MusicBrainz), and whilst Roon has correctly assigned both to Mary Fahl’s canon the albums are not recognised as versions of the same album.

So I guess my question is, where albums are “Unidentified” within Roon, does that mean that Roon is consequently unable to correctly assign them as Versions?

If it can’t recognise it then it doesn’t know it’s a version of anything.

Same artist, same album, how hard can it be?

Did you try grouping them manually?

I avoid making any database changes that won’t survive a database rebuild. Easier to just add the album to Musicbrainz, albeit in this instance I’m just interested in the answer so I know how much curatorship I’m in for.

1 Like

Identical titles and same number of tracks?

Identical titles, but the Deluxe has an additional disc.

The difference in the number of tracks will be why they don’t group. It’s old functionality, possibly as old as Roon itself. You should be able to group them manually though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.