Hanging on "Adding music to library" since days

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Im running ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable on a Intel NUC7i3BNH with Roon Version 1.8 (build 756) stable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi with WPA2 encryption. Fritz!Box 7490

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HDA Intel PCH ALC283 Analog

Description Of Issue

I can’t get rid of this message:

I restartet Roon and also the NUC several times. I also made a Backup and restored it as suggested in other posts. Even disabling und re-eanbling the internal storage does not help. Neither does “force scan”.

Well, Roon works well and isn’t sluggish in any way, I just see the spinning wheel and the message.

Just a guess, but how have you set both background and on-demand audio analysis speed in your library settings, since they can be turned off completely?

Hey Marin. Thanks for the tip. Well, it does not help, even after a restart with this settings disabled.

Actually thought they were ‘off’, so no progress…

Strange finding: I’ve disabled all storages and there are 9 files left in the progress dialog.

Hi @Tekl

Can you share a screenshot of the window showing the scan taking place?

I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a look at what you’re experiencing here. Before I do this, may I ask that you please do the following and make a note of the time you do each:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and I’ll enable diagnostics on your account. When the diagnostics report is uploaded I’ll send it over to our team for analysis.

Hi dylan,

here’s the complete shot:

• Reboot your Core machine. :white_check_mark: 19:31
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes. :white_check_mark:
  • Reboot your Core machine once more. :white_check_mark: 19:38
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes. :white_check_mark:

The spinner is still there. Now I have the additional problem that Roon does not see any Audio device, not even the device of the controlling App. I tested iOS and macOS. Rebooting does not help. Roon is currently useless for me.

@dylan The spinner is still there. Now I have the additional problem that Roon does not see any Audio device, not even the device of the controlling App. I tested iOS and macOS. Rebooting does not help. Roon is currently useless for me.

Btw. switching to English does not help.

Could this be a solution? Will I loose data and does it work headless?

Following!

I’ve the exact same problem. ‘Adding Music to Library’ will not go away. I’ve done the unthinkable of resetting my Database, reinstalling the Operating System, rebooting my Nucleus, etc… Nothing seems to kick this feature into gear.

After the upgrade to 1.8, I noticed that Tidal albums wouldn’t start/play in Roon, then this ‘Adding Music…’ Let’s hope this can be resolved…

Hello. The recent update resolved the problems with the audio devices, but the never ending progress bar is still there.

@support My machine is still waiting for your investigation. :wink:

A day after solving the Network/TIDAL issues the endless progress bar disappeared. So it seems Roon should handle network issues in a better way and let the user know what the problems are.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.