Happy with M10 and C 658?

Hi fellow NAD users. I really need an M10 to replace a very old Accuphase driving some Dynaudio Special 40’s in my lounge…I want the MQA and the DIRAC…plus the cute look and size…they review well…is the general consensus that the M10 is fine?

I also really need a replacemt for my NAD M51 in my stereo room so thought C658 , again I want the MQA and the DIRAC…and I need the Balanced Outputs to use into my Avantgarde Model 3 amp…I do not need Phono or analogue…but the C658 gets a mixed reception online…relating to sound quality and questions about them being truly balanced…I find this hard to believe…any thoughts ??

I am in the situation where there are no dealers close by and generally have to just purchase , sadly. Any comments appreciated, Thanks.

Theres the M12 but no DIRC its older than the M32 so maybe due for replacement soon, the M33 has DIRC so I’d guess the M13(?) would as well.

James

1 Like

I seem to remember that the C658 was a bit buggy, especially with Roon and MQA, but maybe it’s had firmware updates since then. I quite fancy one.

1 Like

Hello, I use a M10 driving Audio Physic speakers and am happy with it but… I’m not so happy with DIRAC and this is why.
When listening to a album with Q-sound effects (like Amused to Death by Roger Waters) the effects largely get lost. On the opening track there is a barking dog that’s to my left/rear when DIRAC is switched off (and with all other amps I tried) but with DIRAC on, it shifts to the right front. Same with spoken text (I’m not sure which track - 1 or 2) that’s to my left without DIRAC but to the left/front with DIRAC. It looks like DIRAC narrows the width.
On other recordings I think DIRAC does (slightly) improve the sound.
As I like Roger Waters, Pink FLoyd etc. I don’t use DIRAC when listening to them. On other recordings I sometimes turn it on.
Oh yes, I use the latest version of the software en re-measured my room twice (with same results).

1 Like

roon,bluos,MQA Dirac no problem since bluos3.8.8:very good

with NAD C658

1 Like

Since the recent firmware update 3.8.8. the C658 is doing just fine with MQA & Roon.
Great machine, fine sound
DIRAC is fantastic

2 Likes

Have owned NAD M10 perhaps 3 months now. Works flawlessly. Upgraded to Dirac full to get an extra tweak or two. Love the look; love the sound. Roon works fully — without issue & full MQA.

1 Like

After many months of frustration, I’m very happy w/ my C658 running BluOS 3.8.8.

In my room, which has rather compromised acoustics, Dirac is a noticeable improvement.

1 Like

I have owned the M10 and liked it very much. I now have a C658/C268 combo and also enjoy it very much. No issues since last update. The balanced out are confirmed to be real balanced.

1 Like

Keith,

Where do you end up? If you purchased the NAD M10, what are your impressions?

Have owned M10 ~1 year now. Purchased full Dirac which makes KEF R3s especially musical. Buy it without fear.

2 Likes

Have not actioned purchase yet…sadly …will wait until out of lockdown and grab M10

I have had a unit for over 6 months and so far it is as advertised. Simple, works well with Roon and Bluesound OS. No complaints.

1 Like