Hardwiring microRendu from Eero mesh station

Having Core wirelessly connected can be a problem, which is why it’s recommended to have the Core hardwired to modem/router.

If all your units are hardwired to your modem/router it’s difficult to know if MIKE’s scenario will work…

If it works great. If it doesn’t that will likely be the cause… It’s to do with the number of ‘hops’. Reason is explained well here:

Hopefully Sonore can let MIKE give it a try and return if any issues.

I have ordered the mR and the LPS. At this point, I have yet to hear from Jesus after last weekend’s dust up. Andrew is seriously optimistic that it will work, despite the negativity from Sonore.

I will post my results next week after the units arrive.

1 Like

Im not certain who you are speaking to at Sonore, but my comments are earlier in this thread.

I have sent my reply to you through your company email for privacy.

It looks like you exchanged emails with my VP Adrian.

I won’t be commenting here again until I install the mR next week. I replied to your corporate email for privacy. Your privacy, not mine.

For those still interested in my question:

My ordered mR and recommended LPS arrived by USPS yesterday at noon. I had all needed cables in place, including an all new Cat6a from the mesh node that feeds my Nucleus and one from the node to the mR.

Set up was as easy as the instructions stated. Still not quite sure what to do with the black rubber banding meant for the mR, but maybe later.

So, in my situation, using my hardware, I can attest that running a microRendu hardwired from a mesh node works very well. My library and streaming from Qobuz play fine. No $400+ house rewiring needed.

My core identified the device right away, setting up a new endpoint. USB from mR to a Schitt DAC, SE out to analog inputs of Cambridge Audio AVR. 2.1 plays to SVS Ultras and Sub. Two hours playback yesterday, more today. No hiccups yet.

Just the outcome I wanted and hoped for.

My thanks to those who encouraged me in trying this method!

MIKE

3 Likes

Glad it worked out well for you. My mesh-to-OpticalRendu runs without a hitch.

1 Like

MIKE

Congrats. Happy to read about the happy outcome.

1 Like