Has roon changed from major release versions

Hi I’m new to roon and was wondering has roon evolved big time from every major release or are the Subtle changes? for example from 1.6 to 1.7?

You can gets feel by browsing through the release notes

1 Like

I’d say that each dot release has had significant changes. That said, people use roon in many different ways, and not all changes will be applicable to everyone. For my purposes, each release has had some small stuff I’ve liked, and every few releases there have been changes that are really significant for my use.

The bottom line for me is that it keeps getting better. I can’t remember any changes that were negative for my use.

3 Likes

This is not as easy to answer as it might seem.

For example the move 1.7 was huge improvement in stability for me across my various devices (dropouts are now negligible and Roon not able to playback on a particular device has now disappeared). However, this also coincided with significant software upgrades for those devices at around the same time. Do I credit Roon for the huge improvement, or the the various companies, or was it due to a combination of the two different companies with Roon through some form of co-engineering effort. Who knows?

I know that the two biggest improvements in my setup have not been due to Roon. The first was getting a dedicated computer to run Roon with my music files directly connected through USB drive to the Roon computer rather than on a NAS. The second was when my Telco upgraded my modem/router.

1 Like