Has the font changed on the forum?

Same issue here, using Safari.

No, this is part of server side changes introduced by Roon Labs. Probably the most visible change is the enhanced top row:

As was already noticeable with the introduction of Roon 1.8, Roon Labs likes to make questionable decisions regarding fonts.

2 Likes

I use firefox on Win10 machine. And it hasn’t updated in last 2 days. I use white theme (default) and the fonts are not so light that I also struggle to read. Seemed to have started this morning.

It is supposed to be art and there is always a dispute about that. What is beautiful, what is useful? It remains exciting!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a more “corporate” look so I’m guessing it’s intentional. The main font could do with a little more weight/size IMO.

What is near illegible remains frustrating to these old eyes :wink:

Go to your Avatar, top right of screen: -

Click once

Click “Preferences” far right

Click “Preferences” on the dropdown

Click “Interface” far left

Select “Theme” then “Roon Dark Theme”

Select “Save Changes” bottom of screen

Done

Slightly different layout on Safari (iPad, iPhone) etc but same options. Just need to click on “Account” dropdown after “Preferences” then select “Interface”.

3 Likes

The young sea eagle circles with his good eyes over the senior pool…

1 Like

Obviously Art, where craftsmanship (Typography) should have been used instead, or at least considered.

Short definition: Typography is the art and technique of arranging type to make written language legible, readable and appealing when displayed.

3 Likes

The dark theme is just about totally illegible IMHO.

1 Like

Just offering the option for those wondering where it can be changed. You don’t need to change it :wink:

For what it’s worth you can also increase the default font size in the settings slightly adapting these instructions:

Helps a bit but it’s the font weight that’s the issue…

1 Like

chrome://settings/fonts

This font is terrible. Astigmatics (like me) tend to prefer serif fonts anyway, but this one is really crammed together – hard to read.

1 Like

Thanks, I have it back to the dark theme now.

You can also make the font bigger in that same area, which is helpful, but still not ideal.

1 Like

Had to reselect ‘Dark Theme’ too. Looks rather unfamiliar now.

EDIT: after closing the browser tab and going back to the forum later, the light theme is back. Yes I did save the preferences, they have reset back to light theme.

5 Likes

What is legible is often what we’ve grown accustomed to. Change is always tough. When Times New Roman was first introduced critics complained they would go blind reading it.

Do you refer to the '30s, when the font was designed and introduced for newspapers, or to the times where personal computers became a thing and the preinstalled font became “omnipresent” and, because of its widespread use for all kind of documents it never was intended for, earned him a bad reputation?

I believe the change in fonts is a conspiracy to marginalize the contributions of those among us who have age related vision problems.

Clever, Roon. Well played.

3 Likes