Have moved music files to a new share on my NAS but Roon retains link to old location

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 8 NUC8i3BEH 8GB RAM 240GB SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FRITZ!Box 7530 router
ethernet via Netgear switch

Connected Audio Devices

Gato Audio DIA-250S NPM streaming amplifier (ethernet connection)

Number of Tracks in Library

13,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I moved my FLAC files to a different NAS share. All my (non Roon) streaming devices found the new location without issue but I can’t change the location in Roon - the message is ‘Error loading folder NotFound’. The library maintenance screen tells me that the files are ‘not associated with a storage location’. When I try to add a new network share location the message is ‘There was an Unexpected error: UnexpectedError’.

After further reading I realise that this was not the correct procedure for moving files but I need help to resolve the problem please. Essentially, how can I remove the existing storage location from Roon and add the new one?

Did you try going to “settings\storage” and clicking the three dots and hitting remove?

You probably want to Edit the old location to be the new location.

Thanks for your responses.

I tried to change or delete but neither option was available, presumably because Roon couldn’t find my existing storage folder. Catch 22!

Following your comments I went back to the ‘Choose music storage folder’ screen again to double check and this time a new window popped up inviting me to remove the drive. I hadn’t seen this before and I wasn’t aware of having changed anything. I followed the prompt, the existing location disappeared and Roon allowed me to enter the new one. It started scanning and now everything seems fine again.

I wonder if it was a timing problem and I should have waited longer for the NAS changes to be reflected in Roon? Just interested, I’m happy that the issue has been resolved. Back to the music!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.