Have to log-in to Tidal after every Roon update

This isn’t a super big issue but it is annoying nonetheless.
Every time there is a Roon update I get a message saying “Tidal login failed” and I am forced to login to Tidal again.

It would be nice if this didn’t happen

Every update or just the last few. Tidal changed their login process so roon had to do changes to cope.

I don’t remember doing it every time. Perhaps I should have said “recently”. But I don’t remember exactly for how long

Hopefully it should stop now. (Or not :frowning:)

1 Like

I’ve been having log back in since Build 536. Running 537.

Hi @Trevor_Nathan,

The last two releases included some changes to our TIDAL login process that could have resulted in this behavior. If you continue to see this issue definitely let us know, but now that these changes have been released you shouldn’t continue to see this behavior.

Thanks!

I still have the problem - just restarted Roon and TIDAL login failed.

This happens without fail.

1 Like

Today I just had to click ‘retry’ - was not prompted to reconnect on the TIDAL website.

This was an exception. Having to reconnect every time.

Hi @Daren_Peacock,

I’d like to get a report to our team, but first I need a couple things:

1. Can you provide some details on your Core machine and networking setup?
  2. Can you let me know the time (in your local timezone) the next time this occurs? We can then enable diagnostics to look into what happened during this time.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan

1. Core on Win 10 pro 64-bit ver 1909 >> USB to SMSL M500 DAC>>XLR out to AE1 analogue speakers; into PC (ethernet) ASUS RT-AC68U router plugged into powerline to ASUS DSL-AC68U (mesh system)

2. TIDAL login failed 18:29:57; clicked ‘retry’ and taken to TIDAL 18:30:35

The issue started with Build 536.

Thanks.

Hi @Daren_Peacock,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks!

Hi @dylan

You want be to share the link here on a public forum?

EDIT: I’ve now worked out how to PM you. Link shared.

Hi @Daren_Peacock,

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that our team has made some progress here and we hope to have an improvement available soon! We’ll be sure to reach out when we have more information.

Thanks!

So I have a possibly related issue now.
Every time I reboot my core machine I have to log back into Tidal

Still having this problem @support ?

Hi @Trevor_Nathan,

Our team is still working to test the solution mentioned above, but we hope to be able to have it available in the near future! We’ll be sure to keep you updated.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.