Have to sign in to Roon every time

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Win 10, Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Virgin Media Super Hub.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Only started happening recently, have to login every time … once I’m in everything is ok.

Roy

Check to see if you have any Windows updates pending. Sometimes that causes weird issues.

Also, while waiting for support can you detail the PC (ram, cpu, OS version) and how it reaches the internet (is it plugged directly to the internet router, does it go through a number of switches?)

And, do you get an error message or is it just the login screen? A Pic might help.

Hi , win 10 , i3 , 2.00ghz , 8.0 gb ram , intel graphics 5500 , direct hardwire to router , 1.0 gb connection , win 10 updated as per a few mins ago , still the same … i just get the sign in screen when i start roon , it used to be ok a few weeks ago , its just started to do it now … thanks roy

Hi @roy_marshall — Welcome, and sorry for the troubles here.

I think the first step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time that Roon asks you to sign in? Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Thanks!

Hi , cheers , 15:33 Mon 14 sep , uk time … thanks roy

Hello @roy_marshall,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

This never got updated as promised. I have the same problem.

Hi @Richard_Bailey,

Our team is still working on a solution to this. I can’t provide any specifics just yet, but we’ll be sure to keep everyone in the loop once we have more to share. Thanks, and apologies for the trouble.

Hi , the last few times i,ve signed on its been ok … roy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.