Have you ever reported a problem with a Qobuz album?

It’s not obvious from the Qobuz website but this is the same recording from the out of copyright label Documents 2

RoonShareImage-637832207823158126

I’m curious what you think.

There are also 1953 Furtwängler (Rome) and Krauss (Bayreuth) ring’s on Pristine Audio BTW.

1 Like

Thanks @Tony_Casey!

I actually bought the CDs of that edition of the Keilberth Ring last year (it had great reviews, not least for sound), as I was getting twitchy about the way albums just disappeared from Tidal and Qobuz. I need to rip them so I can check then against the Andromeda remastering, but when just spun, they sounded good, but I can’t remember if I ever listened with headphones (I think I did, and got the central, mono image).

And thanks for the info. on Pristine…being a crazy Wagnerian, I rather sadly already have both Furtwangler cycles and the Krauss…it may be that they are now just too familiar, but I am really enjoying the Adromeda Keilberth, played over some speakers, but without sitting in front of them and dwelling on the image.

I really need to play something a little more up-to-date!

This may be the tonic: Vivaldi: Stabat Mater by Jakub Józef Orliński on TIDAL

My guess is you will prefer the un-remastered version with speakers. But it does seem to need a little help with headphones. Try it with crossfeed on roon with headphones. There are several pre-sets and it really does make a difference so it’s no gimmick but it may still not suit!

1 Like

Just as an update, I sadly got nothing further from Qobuz, but the fantastic team at Presto Music got this response from Andromeda:

“The used tapes for this release we received from the private Collection from Martha Mödl more then 20 years ago. The Original Broadcast recording was done in Mono, as well from this private source, which is more or less an excellent copy of the Broadcast given to the Artist in the 50’s.There exists no Stereo recording. As we don’t like to fake Stereo when there is no Stereo we used both Channels to arrange a Bayreuth room feeling - to make space and room to the Record. With a switch to Mono this could be corrected easy on any Stereo amplifier or Audio Player. But we think it is more pleasant nowadays to have it like this, with Room given to the excellent Original Mono tapes.”

I wish they hadn’t done that.