Having problem using Roon software [High Contrast Windows Desktop Theme]

Dear @support at Roon Labs,

I am a lifetime subscriber of your software, and just installed the latest software.

First, here is my settings:

Intel NUC funning on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7, 250GB SSD for OS, 16G RAM & 2TB internal storage

I directed my music library to one of the folder in the 2TB internal storage but not yet stored any music files.

I have a Tidal premium account, so I have configured it accordingly.

Roon software is the latest one, just downloaded from your site on Jan. 5, 2017.

My issue:

After I installed the latest Roon software, I am having problems trying to navigate through the setup wizard.

Seems like each page is frozen, and the only way to proceed/navigate is to minimize & maximize the software.

By doing the above, I proceeded to the Roon’s GUI, the main page, but here the same problem persists, I also need to minimize & maximize the GUI every time in order to see the changes I made.

I have another Intel NUC i7’s, so I installed the software to the second one and met with the same problem.

I installed the Roon Remote on my iPhone & iPad and they are operating normally.

Please let me know how I can get out of this maze.

Hi,

“setup wizard” are you able to post some screen shot so we can see which screen(s) you are Stop correcting refereeing to?

This issue you describe sounds like a graphics card driver issue.

What specific model of NUC is it and what graphics chip is it running?

Can you make sure that the device drivers for the graphics chip are up to date in Windows.
Sometime it is better to use the graphic chip driver off the manufacture’s site rather than the once supplied by Windows.

Thank you for your reply.

My NUC model is NUC5i7RYH, and the graphic chip is Intel Iris Graphics 6100.

It’s not only the setup wizard, but every page within the GUI (the main page & etc) is having the same symptom,

I will try to update the graphic driver as per your advice, but please let me know if there’s some other tips for me to try.

Best regards,

Tak

I updated the graphic driver to the latest version from the manufacture’s site, but the same problem persists. No changes at all…

I tried with both of my Intel NUC but met with the same result.

Please solve this problem so I can have the full benefit of being a lifetime subscriber!

Best regards,

Tak

Hi @Takeshi_Rinoie,

I’ll leave a tag for @support to follow up with you.

Hi @Takeshi_Rinoie ----- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the troubles here. May I kindly ask you to verify the following information for me, to aide in my evaluation of this issue:

1. If you change the window size of the application do you notice any changes in behavior here?

2. When you do notice this behavior are there any other process or applications being ran in the background?

-Eric

I finally found out WHY this problem occurs!!!

I am visually impaired, and I need to use the “high contrast theme” within Windows OS. This will make color scheme into 1. Background black and 2. The text white.

Here is the link to the “deskthemepack” file that I am currently using to check it out for yourself.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B35Cs2-eu4n1d2VTcFBZajlXdkE/view?usp=sharing

When I turned the window theme to a regular one, Roon software operated perfectly.

Please note that ALL other softwares including Tidal operates perfectly under “high contrast theme”, and this is the first time in my 20+ years as a Windows user to experience such problem.

I appreciate if you can do one of the following:

1. Configure/fix my deskthemepack file downloaded from the above link and send it to me, or
  2. Fix this bug and upload a new version of Roon on your site.

I presume there are quite a few people just like me, who want to reap the benefits of your wonderful software, since accessing a physical media like CD or Vinyl is just too difficult to do.

Best regards,

Tak

Hi Tak,

Thanks for letting us know your conclusions. I’ve marked this with a reference to [High Contrast Theme] so that others can find the thread when searching a similar issue.

I won’t mark it [Solved] yet because it isn’t :slight_smile: I don’t know what is possible given the Roon graphics engine, but I do know that the devs take accessibility issues seriously.

Thanks for your help!

As you say, this is hardly from labeling SOLVED, because I only found out the reason, and not the solution to the problem.

I hope the DEV team at Roon Labs will give me the remedy ASAP, so I can enjoy using this software!

Best regards,

Tak

can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Screenshots won’t do the job.

Need to send you a video to understand what’s happening, so if you want that, I will take it and send you the link to download.

But I presume the simplest way is for you to turn your PC into the high-contrast theme and try to navigate Roon, you’ll understand what’s happening first hand.

Best regards,

Tak

Have any of the technical support staff tried the Roon software under High-contrast theme on Windows yet?

Sure would like to know what’s happening, as well as a way out of this problem…

Hi @Takeshi_Rinoie ----- My sincere apologies for the delay here. I have this scheduled for testing and to touch base with my tech team to discuss the results, of said test. I will follow back up with my thoughts once all has been completed. Your patience is VERY appreciated!

Thanks!
-Eric

This is a reply for Eric to his email sent to me (the email got returned, so here it goes)

Eric,

As I mentioned in the community forum, screenshots won’t do the job.

In order to fully understand the problem, I need to send you a video of me trying to navigate thru Roon software.

I can do that & send you a link for your to download the video.
If that’s alright with you, I’ll try to take it in a few days.

Best regards,

Takeshi

1 Like

Flagging @mike

That’s perfect. Can you send it to @support when you have it?

Thanks!

1 Like