Having serious playback problems - unlistenable

Folks:
I am getting warbling and dropouts. I checked my Verizon FIOS cable speed and it is consistently 25 Mps… Please advise.
Thanks,
Mike

@mnilan I assume this is only with Tidal, not locally stored music?

Russ

Russ:
I don’t think this is only a Tidal issue - right now Roon is playing a Tord Gustavsen file and Tidal doesn’t have any Tord Gustavsen so it must be a local file.
Mike

Mike

Can you describe your Roon setup.

Russ

Russ:
Not sure what you’re asking for… Roon has been working fine (except for Airplay - I have support thread on that which has been dormant for two weeks now with no resolution…) but today, just after noon, Roon started warbling and dropping out. I have been playing Roon from my iMac (2015) to an iFi micro DSD dac to my stereo aux input. Nothing has changed and everything else works fine.
Mike

Russ:
It is getting worse… I have shut down Roon and Airfoil and restarted them both. Now the warbling is changing the pitch of Diaa Krall’s voice. This is REALLY bad!
Mike

Russ:
I’m shutting Roon down.
Mike

Hey Mike,

I just sent you a PM regarding the Airplay issues. Take a look and we’ll figure out whats going on here.

Sorry for the trouble!

Mike:
I replied to your PM. Vis-a-vis the playback issues, whatever you did, Roon is playing fine again albeit with Airfoil for Airplay…
Thanks,
Mike