Having trouble getting set up

Trying to setup my Qnap.
It has recognizedly NAS and I selected where my music files are located. However it just shows me:
“Choose you Roon Core” and the name of my NAS and it says “Initializing” with an orange ball next to it.
It has been showing me this for of a good hour with nothing happening. It won’t let me click on anything else, just kind of looked up. When I shut down and come back in it shows the same thing.
What is happening? I have a Lumin D2 that is room ready and I’m using my computer and/or iPhone to connect.
Thank you.

What make and model nas are you using. Are you installing the database on an ssd volume?

It seems to be working now. It took about 3 hours to initialize for some reason without any notification it was still working.
Someone told me I need to rename my file as a “roon shared” file which I did not do.
Qnap TS-251, yes it is on a flash drive input on a usb.

Just to be clear, it has to be a SSD drive, not a USB stick - which will probably slow everything down.

Although both rely on flash chips, the former speeds things up through parallelism and is therefore much more costly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.