Having trouble with burning ROCK Image

Have manage to update the most current bios onto a NUC 7i7BNH.Now I am working on placing the ROCK OS (roonbox-Iinuxx64-nuc3-usb-factoryreset.img.gz) onto a thumb drive 4GB formatted fat32 using the the proscribed Ecther App using a Windows 10x64 machine .It gives a message of attention: the writer process ended unexpectedly try again same message trying again. I have also got a trial version of winZip to see if that would create the file into just a .img file( roonbox-Iinuxx64-nuc3-usb-factoryreset-100000219.img) which it appeared to have by enlarging the fie to 400mb now Ecther will not even begin the process of loading this fie onto a 1GB formatted fat32 any help would be appreciated.

Try using a different program, I like Rufus.ie.

1 Like

I’ve used Rufus for doing .iso window 10 installs.

Just trying to stay in the context of the directions given and Ecther appears to pretty much idiot proof

Etcher should do it fine. Try another usb stick?

I had the same issue with Etcher; although it worked on two previous ROCK installs, couldn’t get it to work last time (fairly recently). So I took Rugby’s advice and used Rufus - no problems.

Did try another Formatted (fat32) usb drive

I’m going to give Rufus a shot

Tried figuring out how to make this 159MB file work(roonbox-linuxx64-nuc3-usb-factoryreset.img.gz) with Rufus have not had any success.I used Winzip the file converts to (roonbox-linuxx64-nuc3-usb-factoryreset-100000219.img) and decompress to 400MB and tried it that way to me it looks like Rufus wants to see a file extension of .iso Went back to trying with this fie ( roonbox-linuxx64-nuc3-usb-factoryreset.img.gz)using Etcher and it gives me these results Decompressing 100% program stops and gives a message of (The writer process process ended unexpectedly Please try again)went back tru process and get same message.If there are any ideas as to what I might be doing or missing here would most appreciate being enlightened.