HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock (1.7, build 667)/Intel NUC (NUC8i7BEH)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verizon FIOS “Gigabit” service/Linksys Velop Mesh System/NUC connected via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)*

Primarily Oppo 203DVD and AppleTV (non-4k version)–connected by ethernet to Linksys Velop ethernet ports (which are themselves connected via ethernet); iPad; Android phone

Description Of Issue
This is really a question more than an “issue”: I’ve read on other sites that a Headless Display Emulator used on a headless MacMini can improve the quality of the display on an IPad or phone controlling the MacMini (as well as the speed at which the iPad/iPhone display loads).

Is there any reason to believe this would also be true when running a NUC headless?

IDK, but for $14 you might as well give it a try.

What is your goal with the NUC? I assume since this is in the ROCK category of this forum, you expect to do something with ROCK + the display… what would that be?

No have no intention of using a monitor. Judging from the comments it doesn’t sound like this is relevant to Intel NUCS and ROCK.

This device you mention is to fool the graphical OS (Mac OS, Windows, etc…) into thinking it has a high-resolution monitor attached to it. When you remote into the device using a remote desktop solution, it will reflect that resolution into a lot of visual real estate.

This is all moot with ROCK, as you can’t remote into a machine running Roon OS.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.