Headphone Amp Help

If stick with the Topping myself unless your going up a considerable amount.

1 Like

You’re going to have a nice little rig.

I need to sit about 10 feet from the hardware and I like to fiddle with volume. I either need something with a decent remote or something that can act as a decent Roon (preferably RAAT) zone with a controllable device volume.

Something from Project or Matrix would work but I’m just dabbling here and prefer the Schiit price point. Need to do some more research :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d suggest, in my case If I were to sit that far away.

RoPieee > Topping E30 (remote volume) > Magni 3

I’d look to set RoPieee to fixed volume within Roon, and the Magni 3 volume a little high and attenuate volume with the E30, just won’t go to low in volume on the E30 in case of ‘bit stripping’.

I did not know the E30 had remove volume. Thanks for the pointer! That may be exactly what I do.

1 Like

Update: My parcel arrived today and I’ve been playing with Schiit for the last hour or so.

5 Likes

Awesome! Hope you love it!

2 Likes

It sounds much more punchier than I had expected. Sounds very good.

1 Like

I had the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, which I found be to very pleasant sounding but a bit underpowered for several of my high impedance full sized headphones. On easier to drive headphones the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital works and sounds very good.

2 Likes

My headphones are not that high impedance, thus I am quite happy with the Pro-Ject. I really like the little box a lot.
But the headphone topic is still quite new to me, which is why I will certainly make changes to the setup here and there in the future.

2 Likes

I switched from Schiit to Topping. Passed it along to my son.

Been having the Topping E50 DAC for a little while and just received the matching L50 headphone amp this week.

Like most, I keep tweaking here and there and every once in awhile a tweak is made and you feel that this tweak was very noticeable and impressible. That was this amp for me.

–MD

3 Likes