Hegel H190 Airplay: High quality?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Linux (Ubuntu) on an Intel NUC, Roon server. Latest Roon build.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Hegel H190 using Airplay

Description Of Issue

I just got my Hegel H190 and connected Roon to the built in AirPlay. I am streaming 16/ 44.2 files from Qobuz. However, in the signal path I just get “High quality”. Why is that? I am told that AirPlay supports 16/44.2 files.

Thanks!

Hi @jazMirti,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Signal Path when there is media playing to your zone?
You can upload screenshots by using these instructions.

See also:

2 Likes

Hi jaz,

There might be some helpful information in the following link to the Roon FAQ about Airplay: https://kb.roonlabs.com/AirPlay_Setup

See attached image. 32

So, it will always show “High quality” even if it is a compatible format?

The Hegel H190 should be Roon ready soon, so I will be waiting for that and connect Roon via USB as for now.

Hi @jazMirti,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot.

Yes, Airplay outputs will all show High Quality as per Brian’s linked post because we cannot always guarantee that the DAC is not doing internal conversions.

I would use the USB input for the time being if you’d like to play material higher than 44.1/16.

Ok, thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.