Hegel H360 internal DAC

Hi, I’m using the H360 internal DAC with the MicroRendu. I can’t get DSD to play with this combo no matter what I have tried. I was in contact with Jesus at Sonore and he advised that Roon was trying to get an H360 to test. Has any progress been made regarding this? If I try to play DSD I either get silence or it’s converted to PCM regardless of the dozens of combinations we have tried with the MR setup and Roon settings. With JRiver the H360 will play up to DSD128 with no problems.

Thanks!

Tony

Hi @mantis07 ---- Thank you for the report! Can you you confirm for me what the USB switch is set to on the back of the device, A or B?

-Eric

Hi @Eric, the switch is in the B position.

thanks

Tony

Hi @mantis07 — Thank you for the follow up and feedback. Just to confirm with the switch in the “B position” are you still not able to play DSD content?

Furthermore, can you please provide me with screenshots showing your audio settings in Roon while using this device.

-Eric

hi @eric, DSD will not play as DSD with the switch in the B position. If I set the MR to native DSD it will play DSD 64 but Roon converts to PCM 176 and DSD128 gives no sound. If I set the MR to DoP I get no sound from DSD64 or 128. I attached a few captures.

Thanks

Hi @Tony_D_Angelo ----- Thank you for the feedback and chiming in here. Very appreciated!

I did some research into your setup, MR + Hegel H360 DAC and noticed that the Hegel DAC is not listed as a device that supports native DSD on the Sonore microRendu. @Jesus_Rodriguez can you confirm this?

-Eric

@eric, so your saying it’s a MicroRendu problem and not a Roon problem?

Thanks

Hi @Tony_D_Angelo ----- My apologies for the slow response here. While the MicroRendu may not support native DSD for this device, as far as we can tell, a good test here would be to remove the MR from the chain and see if you are able to play DSD content without the device involved.

Furthermore, can you please provide me the details of your setup as seen here. I’d like to get a better understanding of the gear you are working with.

-Eric

I would like to play native DSD on my MR/Hegel combination. Just updated the MR firmware to 2.5, but I guess Hegel DAC are still not supported. Roon is still being converted to PCM 176.4khz/24 bit. Anyone else still having the same problem?

Kevin