Hegel support planned?

Just wanted to touch base as I received a response from Hegel about this. I previously emailed them asking about plans for Roon integration. According to their response, Roon integration is planned for the next generation of products and unfortunately the current generation (e.g. Rost) will not be Roon ready.
So I guess, good and bad news.

Cheers

In reading the following report on the Hegel H190, it seems to suggest that the new integrated from Hegel has Roon support as an endpoint using Ethernet. Can anyone confirm? I am pretty sure this is the only Hegel that does, again, can someone confirm? Would love the H360, and it does have Ethernet, but i don’t think it has Roon support (yet?).

https://www.hegel.com/images/reviews/H190hifinewsuk.pdf

That’s a shame. I love my H360 and would welcome the simplicity of using its DAC as an Roon endpoint. I would have thought that it could be implemented. I have used both CuBox and Sonore microrender with good success.

Weird that room is only mentioned in this article, nowhere else or in the product specs.

I bought a Hegel H190 to build a second system for my office. And because I really do love to use Roon I sent an email to Hegel asking about future Roon support (RAAT).

I don’t know if this is already announced elsewhere, as I couldn’t find any verified information. But this is the answer I got from Hegel:

“We are working on this RAAT now. Luckily the H190 has the hardware and capability to upgrade the software, so hang tight and follow Hegel on social media this fall.”

So that’s good news for me and anyone thinking about getting H190 or the upcoming H590.

2 Likes

How to use Roon with a H190, any advices please?

You will need a seperate Roon endpoint - a RPi or other streamer. You can then plug that into the USB port (or other digital connection depending on your chosen streamer) to play music from Roon through the Hegel.

Hegel does not support Roon directly right now. It’s been discussed for a long time but so far nothing. There have been noises that it’s on the way.

You can however use Roon via airplay I believe OR if you plug the Hegel directly into the computer you are running Roon Core on.

I have been today at High End Fair (High End MĂ€ssan) in Stockholm and one Hegel employee told me that Roon is coming to H190 during this year’s summer.

3 Likes

Hopefully to H90 and Röst as well. Same interface.

1 Like

Hello Jay,

Below my e-mails to Hegel support regarding Roon endpoint integration fyi.

Hi

Thanks for your email

H590 has got the hardware to use Roon, and our software team is working to implement it. There is no date set, but there is an agreement between Roon and Hegel and we REALY want to get this certified and ready. So as soon as possible.

Yes, it will have RAAT.

Med vennlig hilsen/Best regards
Hegel Music System AS

Fredrik Johnsen
info@hegel.com

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Sendt: tirsdag 9. april 2019 20:29
Til: info@hegel.com
Emne: Re: Hegel H590

Dear Mr, Mrs,

Did you receive my questions by e-mail underneath?
Will the Hegel 590, which I consider to purchase, be a Roon endpoint, and able to handle RAAT? And if so, when?

Thank you for your reply,

Sjoerd

Op 31 mrt. 2019 [om 11:08]

Dear,

Today your new H590 is playing as an audit as a possible substitude to my actual NAD Masters set. Considering a purchase because i like the Hegel a lot. But now i am still using my NAD M50 as an Roon endpoint.

Two questions:

• Will your Hegel590 be a Roon endpoint?
  • And equally important when exactly 
?

I think it will never come. Then I immediately sell my Hegel 190.

I’ve got a hint from my local retailer that Hegel H190, the announced H390 and H590 should be Roon ready at the end of august at the time H390 will be available for purchase. If that is true, then great news and not a day to late.

Hopefully that retailer is serious.

I think the newly announced 390 is Roon ready and support following on for 190 and 590
Thanks
Sean

I live about 5 min walk from their office. I should just go an ask them to confirm :). But yes, all feedback points to the 190, 390 and 590 getting ROON.

@evanw - go for it.

i heard & it looks like hegel 190,390 and 590 may be roon ready before the end of this year. may be november or december.

can some one from hegel or roon pitch in on this :slight_smile:

folks from hegel and roon , please get this update and certification out sooner

@Sean_Flynn
its not roon ready yet

1 Like

Sorry yes correct I should have been more specific but it is coming, thankfully :+1:

For those waiting for Hegel Roon Ready support the latest video review from Darko Audio shows him running his H390 with “Roon Ready” in the display and he notes he has it running beta software.

No other info in the video beyond that. But nice to see the software is out there being tested.

I just watched Darko’s video this morning. Interesting. I think the video is longer than it needs to be though.

Tomorrow I am going to audition the new Linn Selekt streamer/DAC/amp box (not sure if it has the optional but expensive Katalyst DAC module.). I would love to compare it with the Hegel H390 which is similarly priced. I cannot listen to both at the same showroom unfortunately