Whilst trying to deal with duplicate albums after switching streaming services, I must have done something very stupid (not that I remember exactly what) and I now find that when i look at 'versions" of some of my albums, a whole lot of unrelated albums appear. I have tried logging out of Tidal, deleting the cache, logging back in, and doing a ‘clean up’ of my library, but I can’t fix the problem.
Any help would be welcome.
This is an interesting one. I believe what you did at some point was you highlighted (selected) the 165 albums all at once, clicked the 3 dot icon at the top of the screen and clicked Edit. From there, you must have selected Group Alternate Versions.
Unfortunately, the only fix I see is to select each album under the Versions tab in your screenshot that shouldn’t be there (in the screenshot, don’t select Amorosa), click the 3 dots icon at the far right and select Remove From Group. This has to be done one at a time.
I’ve tagged @support. You may want to wait for them to help and to confirm that what I’ve suggested is correct.
Thank you very much for your quick reply. That’s a lot of clicking - but a deserving punishment for my level of stupidity
I will follow your advice and wait to see if support comes up with an easier solution.
On an aside: Roon would benefit from having more powerful features to specifically deal with the inevitable mess that arises from importing large libraries with tools such as Soundiiz.
Have a nice day.
Thanks for letting us know of this happening. While there might not be a bulk edit like the one you’re looking for (@Greg is right — btw, thanks @Greg ), one other solution would be to restore a backup prior to this action: