Help! Can't Connect Intel NUCi7 with ROCK to Lumin T2

INTEL NUCi7 with ROCK)

I recently was able to setup an Intel NUCi7 with ROCK and it works marvelously connected via USB to DACs like the Lampizator Big 7 and the Ayre QB-9 Twenty, but when I try to link it to the LUMIN T2, I am coming up empty.

How do I get the two to work together?

Thanks,

Juan

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Sorry, I didn’t fill out the entire form. I have an ATT router in another room, connect the T2 via CAT6 to a Wifi extender, and run a longer stretch of CAT5 from the router to the Intel NUC, and connect an external HD with TONS of music to the NUC. However, since I cannot make it work, I am currently linking the hard drive directly to the Lumin T2 and using its software to play. However, I would really like to use ROON to run this.

Description of Issue
I currently cannot run ROON with the Lumin T2 in conjunction with the Intel NUC – or any other way.

In Lumin app, please make sure the Roon Ready setting of Lumin T2 is enabled.

In Roon, go to settings -> Audio, find Lumin T2 under Roon Ready devices. Enable it, assign it a zone name.

What is the brand and model of your WiFi extender? If you don’t see see Lumin T2 listed in Roon settings Audio, you may have a multicast problem with the WiFi extender and/or router. This typically involves changing IGMP settings, and disabling (AP) Isolation setting.

RESOLVED! I was trying to use the Lumin T2 to control the Intel NUC, but a computer consultant friend told me that, no, I need to use the NUC to control the T2. Running the CAT 6 cable from the NUC to the extender, and controlling it with my iPhone Xr via the ROON app, I was able to connect it with the Lumin, naming it as you suggested. That process required several attempts, but then beautiful playback resulted. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.