Help can't link roon remote or any of my Google speakers after changing my router

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT Smart Hub 2

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Raspberry pi running RoPieee
Google and nest speakers

Description Of Issue

After changing my router to a newer model sent by internet provider I can no longer connect my phone via room remote or any of my Google and nest speakers to roon. I cant get in to Roon OS configuration on the main pc setup.

Hey @Phil_Cornelius,

A belated welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I’m sorry it took us this long to reply. If you’ve been spending some time on community, you might have seen that we’re working our way to replying to everyone in the wake of the major Roon changes.

I was wondering, is this issue something you’re still experiencing? Have you seen this article?

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/why-can-t-roon-remote-connect

Please, let us know if we can still help :nerd_face:

Thank you for getting back to me. I have now solved the problem. I had ment to write up what it was but had forgotten. When windows set up the new network with the new router it had set it as public and not private. A friend on a face book group (Hi-res Digital Audio Discovery) thought to check how it was set. I switched it to private and all was sorted.

1 Like