Help - Endpoint device disappear and reappear

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac - hard wired to modem with ethernet

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Actiontec MI424WR

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonnet Hermes with Ethernet connection hard wired to modem

Description Of Issue

I have an endpoint device (Sonnet Hermes) that keeps disconnecting and disappearing and then reappearing sporadically. It starts with the audio of the song dropping out, then the device disappears all together, and it takes a minute or two for it to come back, and then I have to hit play again. This happens randomly. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Wes, welcome to the forum.

Generic suggestion, but make sure the firmware is up to date and restart the player and Roon Core. I had a Bryston BDP-1 that used to play hide and seek with me. It ended up being a flakey ethernet cable.

Also, is the problem with music files, or limited to use with Tidal/Qobuz. The streaming services need to be logging into once in awhile too.

#support

1 Like

Hey there,

I recognize you from headphones.com forum, and it is nice to know you are here to. Thanks for the info, and I will try all that, when I get home from work. I will get back with you, once I have tried all that.

Thanks,

Wes

1 Like

Hey Robert,

Just checking back in to say thanks! The simple restart of everything, and I am up and running without issue.

Back to continuous music. :grinning:

Thanks,

Wes

1 Like

Awesome, glad you’re back in service… :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.