Help getting HQPlayer to work in NAA mode on Mac

• Make sure you don’t have the same audio device configured in both HQPlayer and Roon (as zone)
  • Make sure the audio device is not macOS default audio output
  • Select the specific audio device in HQPlayer preferences (not the default one)
  • Remember to turn up the volume in HQPlayer (you can also adjust from Roon side)

There’s a quickstart guide and PDF manual is included in the installation package.

Check that firewall is not filtering out the necessary multicast packets. It is also useful to check that there are no other audio applications running that would keep the audio device reserved…

Hello Jussi,

I did check the fire wall and there are no other audio applications besides Roon that is allowed to access the network.

What is odd is that is worked fine before it dropped out.

Ralph

Thank you, I was doing points 1 and 4 above incorrectly. Seems to be working now.

Hello Luis,
I have very similar set up:
Mac Mini i7 16gb ssd with shared ethernet via LAN to mRendu NAA to dCS Debussy dac.
Running Roon to NAA via shared ethernet is no problem.
When Roon / HQ Player to NAA is on, HQ Player can’t see mRendu in HQP preferences under Network Adapter.
Can anyone HELP,
PLEASE

ps
I send email to Jussi long time ago but never got response.
I hope he will read these post

Not sure I understand what the problem is? First sentence says something works and second one says it doesn’t?

Can you explain a bit more your setup and what are you trying to do?

Hello Jussi,
My system is Mac Mini i7 3ghz with 16mb / Roon / mRendu or sms 200 / dCS Debby dac.
I’m sharing the Internet from the Mac Mini to the mRendu via ethernet connection from the Mac Mini port.
All works well in these configuration.
When I start HQ Player in the same configuration us above, HQP can’t find the mRendu in the drop down menu under preference / NAA adaptor / …
That is the problem I have.
I hope you can help Jussi.
Thank you in advance for your time,
VP

Did your remember to switch the microRendu to NAA mode? You need to configure it for different purposes.

Also remember to check that it has latest firmware version installed…

Yes,
mRendu is HQ NAA mode with the latest software on mac, HQ , Roon and mRendu.

Then if it doesn’t appear in HQPlayer, I would look into network setup. Check your software firewall and network gear…

Firewall is off.
I do not know that much about network, sorry.
How can I find out what’s wrong?

Can you describe what do you have on the way from Mac Mini to the microRendu? Understanding the setup/topology may help figuring out where something could go wrong…

Jussi,
I hope the screen shot will help,
VP

Jussi,
I fixed! Looks like creating new bridge helped!
Sounds great now.
Thank you,
VP

Hi
I am using NAA on a MacBook. When i close the MacBook, it switch into StandBy, what is good.
But, wenn i reopen it, NAA is not responding anymore.

Is there a way, to close NAA and reopen it by a script? When i close the terminal window, it seems, that the Ports from NAA are still blocked and i need to reboot the MacBook.

Thanks
Christian

Would it be an option to get for example RPi4 as a NAA and just leave it running?