Help me...my system disconnects continuously

Hi, I hope in your help … I am very sad and tired.
I purchased Roon’s license with great enthusiasm and, ascertained the great quality of the system, I decided to make a Nuc to use ROCK.

Now my system disconnects continuously!!!

I am running Roon Rock on a NUC7i7BNH 64GB SSD / 2x4 GB Crucial RAM / Wired with Router Fritzbox 7590.

I only use the Tidal and Qobuz streaming system.

The Roon OS starts but suddenly I lose the connection with the remote controls (iphone, android tablet and pc windows) and the Server Software keeps showing the message “Not Running”. After the restart with web gui the Roon Server Software restarts but my controls cannot find the core.

I am desperate … I have just purchased the SOtM 200 ultra with great economic sacrifice and I cannot use it … please help me.

last event today around 00:35

Thanks

Hi @Danilo_Giannoccaro,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the difficulties here.

Just to confirm - does this issue only occur when the system is first stated up or does it occur later in the day as well after the system has fully booted up?

Hi noris and thank you for your help!

the problem recurs every time after the complete restart … the time interval varies from a few minutes to an hour. The lost connection screen appears instantly on the remote and “I try to reconnect”.

Where do you see this not running message?
“Server Software keeps showing the message “Not Running”.”

I would reseat the SODIMM memory as a start.

on the system status on the web GUI

how can I do?

I was assuming you put it together., but maybe you got it fully assembled? see this… should be similar for most model NUCs just take out and put back…shut down first of course :slight_smile: - only do this if you are confident, otherwise seek more experienced help from a techie friend perhaps

Ah OK!
I have assembled the nuc myself … I try to insert and reinsert the modules!
I’ll let you know shortly.:sudore:

ok… done what you told me with the ram. Now it’s gone … let’s see how long it takes to crash again!:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Crash 15:29! :weary:image|230x500

Hi @Danilo_Giannoccaro,

Is there any change in behavior if you first create a Backup of your Roon database and then reinstall the ROCK Operating System via the Web interface?

I don’t know. I’ll try to do it and then I say you.

1 Like

I did the backup like you say me. It worked for an hour and then it lost the connection.

roon support?!?!?!:pray:

Hi @Danilo_Giannoccaro,

Can you check to see if you have the latest firmware on your router? I would also check for this option as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices Guide:

FRITZ OS 7

The FRITZ OS 7 update includes a feature called “Software Packet Acceleration” that can cause issues with remote connectivity. We recommend disabling this setting from the FRITZ GUI.

Ok nNoris…done!!
:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. More "Roon Server Software
Not Running ".

Hi @Danilo_Giannoccaro,

Can you please try to use a fresh database to see if this changes anything?

• Stop RoonServer from running in ROCK’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Roon database folder
  • Restore your database from a backup