Help me...my system disconnects continuously

Hi Noris,
when i go to rename the roonserver folder … the windows pc with which i am accessing to Nuc tells me that it is not possible to rename the folder because it is running on another program … (however the roon server on web gui appears to me “not running”). To proceed with the renaming I have to turn off the nuc. Do I proceed by turning off the nuc?

Hi @Danilo_Giannoccaro,

Are you going to the ROCK database location or to the Windows Roon install database location?

You need to access the ROCK database and to do so you need to type in \\rock\ into a Windows Explorer instance or the IP address of the NUC (Note: not internet explorer but Windows Explorer - the one you typically use to browse your hard drive contents).

I will private message you a .GIF of the steps.

Hi Noris,
unfortunately still nothing.
I did everything you suggested but after about an hour “roon server not running”. If it can help, I would like to tell you this: after the crash the “roon server software” does not restart and remains in the “not running” state.

Hi @Danilo_Giannoccaro,

Can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs? The best way to get them over to me would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive folder but if you don’t have either service just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Ok Noris,
now I’m trying with a single bank of ram … I removed the second bank (the upper one of the nuc) at the moment it is working…we wait to see. If it crashes again I will proceed with sending the logs.

1 Like

nothing … stuck again.
I proceed with sending the logs by email.
I await confirmation of receipt.
thanks

Hi Noris,
did you receive the email with my logs?

Hi Noris,
i’m spending the weekend at my mom’s house. I brought the Nuc with me and connected it to the router of this house (Smart modem technicolor). It started immediately and is playing great! Let’s see if it crashes like it does at home with the 7590 fritzbox.

Nothing … even here after about thirty minutes it got stuck on “roon server software not running”. So can you conclude that it’s a nuc problem?

Hi @Danilo_Giannoccaro,

Last time we spoke I also activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a set of logs to our servers for analysis, I can confirm I did receive those and looking through them I’m not seeing any signs in particular as to why this behavior is occurring on the Roon Software side of things.

Since you are able to reproduce this behavior on another network as well, we have already reinstalled the OS and started with a fresh database, I’m inclined to say that this is a hardware issue on the NUC.

In the past, we have seen issues with RAM and Hard Drives being most often. You can run a tool called memtest x86 to test the RAM (you may also want to try connecting only the other stick as well) and try using a different hard drive for the Roon database.

Ok Noris,
i ordered a new ssd (Transcend TS128GMTE110S) and new ram (Crucial CT8G4SFS824A).
It will arrive tomorrow and I will assemble immediately.
I hope to solve.

1 Like

ssd and ram arrived … now at work!!

1 Like

Hi Noris,
I am pleased to inform you that, after installing the new SSD and the New Ram, the system is stable and has no more problems … it has been on and on for three days without interruption!
Long live the music … long live Roon !!
Thank you so much!!
Danilo

2 Likes

Hi @Danilo_Giannoccaro,

Glad to hear the system is working as expected with the hardware changes :slight_smile: . If you have any further issues - feel free to reach out again. Until next time, take care!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.