Help! My wife hijacked Roon this afternoon

I tried to get my wife starting with Roon several times over the years, but this afternoon she started to get the hang of it. My living room endpoint is hijacked. :open_mouth:

10 Likes

So the learning point from that is you need to buy another end point! Happy days :relaxed:

6 Likes

You’ve only yourself to blame! :joy:

6 Likes

Shame. And you with nothing else to listen to…

7 Likes

I put Roon Remote on my Wife’s tablet years ago. She still prefers to tell Alexa to play something. If she’s feeling adventurous she uses the TV’s DNLA functionality to list folders on the NAS.

1 Like

I need to update that list :sunglasses:

1 Like

My beloved has gotten as far as the 1980s tech and CDs which matches what she listens to :relaxed:

2 Likes

Mrs wiz uses roon more often these days as in the bedroom we have a decent setup with Lumin and active speakers that she can command to sleep in roon, but she is just as likely to wake up and use Spotify in the same setup.

2 Likes

Thankfully I have no Queen in my Roon library although there’s plenty of Queen on both Tidal and Qobuz. It would all depend on which “search” the Roon user decided to use. “Filter”, aka inverted horn, returns no Queen recordings but universal search, aka magnifying glass, has the artist Queen as the top result. Oh well, there’s just no avoiding them I guess :rofl:

1 Like

Roon has more than two buttons so Mrs.Rimmer would not get past the “select audio zone”.
Not being mean just truthful :grin:.

She’s happy with Netflix though so…

1 Like

Thank You for the warning. I’ve been trying to get my spouse using Roon and now I know that could be risky!

3 Likes

I put Roon remote on everyone’s devices at home last year. My then 11-year old son would use his Chomebook or his kiddie Amazon Fire tablet to control Roon. He would look for music related to the games he played and music from movies we watched together. He told his teacher he liked Hans Zimmer when asked by his teacher what artist he liked. I got a kick out of it.

1 Like