Help Needed Downgrading Roon

@ Martin_Webster @support

Can you help me please. I upgraded the Roon remote (technically roonallinone x64) on my windows PC to Roon 2.0 before being told / realising that my ROCK core will not be able to upgrade to 2.0.

Now my roon remote is 1.8 legacy, my ROCK core is 1.8 and they are not talking to each other.

I have followed all the instructions in Roon 1.8-2.0 migration guide.

I know my core is working because I can still control it from roon remote on my android phone which is still 1.8

@Steven_Booker, I have moved your post to a new thread, so it doesn’t get missed.

Please take a look at this guide, and shout out if you still have problems.

Thanks @Martin_Webster. I have followed the migration guide and am still having trouble. Please see the attachments.

Your core needs to be on the Legacy version too. So that will need upgrading. (1.8 Legacy, Production1x)

To use 1.8, they must all be the same version. Which it currently is not.

How do I upgrade the core to the legacy version? Where do I get the 1.8 legacy version for the core? I already followed the instructions under “RoonOS Core 1.8 Legacy (Nucleus / ROCK)” in the 1.8-2.0 migration FAQ, so if that is not how I upgrade the core to legacy 1.8 then I have no idea what to do next.

1 Like

Hi @Steven_Booker ,

Can you try to use the reinstall button again? If it still does not work, can you post a screenshot of the network setup in the WebUI? You might have a DNS issue and may want to try a standard DNS (8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1) and see then if it works.

@noris thanks. You solved it. Was running a custom DNS setting for a pihole. Reverting it to 8.8.8.8 fixed the issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.