Help Needed with NUC set up

Hi! My husband received a Roon membership along with an Intel NUC7i3BNH from his relative as a gift 2 years ago.

Everything was set up by his relative using my husband’s computer.

Now we have moved to a new home, and I think the NUC needs to update the wifi network setting.

When the NUC is turned on and hooked to a screen,
it shows “Searching for network address… If this persists, please check your network connection”.

In a black screen looking like the old school DOS system screen. (is the NUC Linux based?)
I tried downloading the Roon applications to my MacBook, but nothing happened.

Can @support please teach me how to:

1. change the network setting in the NUC
  2. configure Roon using MacBook. Which app should I use? Roon or Roon Server?

Thanks! Have a nice day.

Emily

Is the NUC running ROCK (Roon Optimized Core Kit)? Windows? or Linux?
Here is a summary of what ROCK is if you want to find out more about it.
https://kb.roonlabs.com/ROCK:_Getting_Started
Can you hook the NUC up with an ethernet cable? This may be all you need to then access the settings through Roon,

If it is running ROCK you can then go to the WebUi for ROCK and configure the wireless.
https://kb.roonlabs.com/RoonOS_web

Hi @Eric_Lin — Thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds like you may have ROCK installed on the NUC, as suggested above (thanks, @bearFNF!). Connecting your NUC with an Ethernet cable directly to the router should definitely help, and we always recommend having the Core machine connected via Ethernet. If that is not possible, you can configure ROCK using the WebUI as mentioned above.

I tried downloading the Roon applications to my MacBook, but nothing happened.

For the Mac, you’ll want to make sure you’re installing just Roon and not RoonServer. Once the NUC is connected to the network you should be able to launch Roon on the Mac and connect to the Core machine.

We have some great documentation in out Knowledge Base that is worth checking out. We have a detailed article about setting up Remote devices that will contains some great information for you.

If you need any help or have any questions please reach out!

Regards,
Dylan