Roon Core Machine

Late 2014 Mac Mini
OSMonterey 12.6.1 - 1.4Ghz Dual core i5, 4Gb Ram

Connected Audio Devices

Cambridge Audio CXA81 via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

26354 tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve recently migrated from my macbook Pro (late 2014) via Roon back-up to a new core on a dedicated mac mini. I have also transferred my library of files onto the mac mini.
I have not used or connected those files to iTunes on the mac mini as I want to leave that right out of the equation. However in migration a bunch of iTunes playlists have come across which now show up as empty in Roon.

Is there any way to delete/remove these playlists without involving iTunes?
Can it be done at a file level within Finder?

Hey @Warren_Green,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! I apologize for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and are working as quickly as possible to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, are you still having issues removing unwanted playlists? What does your storage settings look like in Roon? Please share a screenshot if possible.

Where are the playlists located on the mac mini? Chances are, if you move them to a folder outside of your ‘watched’ folder in Roon, they wont find their way into your library :+1:

They are iTunes playlists and I have not migrated iTunes and all the tracks and playlist across onto the Mac Mini. So I’m guessing that’s where the problem lies.
I was trying to find a way of removing the ‘empty’ playlist from Roon without getting involved in iTunes.

Hey @Warren_Green,

I would clean up your watched folder and move the playlists out of that folder - it isn’t that you’ve ‘migrated iTunes’, it sounds like the playlists live in the same folder that you’ve set Roon to watch. You can learn more about this here:

Alternatively, you can click the three dots next to any playlist under ‘My Playlists’ and delete them.

@benjamin,
Thanks for your replies. I checked the watched folder and there were no playlist there. However while looking at setting for storage I found the solution - I’ve unchecked the ‘import Itunes playlists’ and viola! they’ve all gone :slight_smile:
I believe the Roon held links to those unmigrated playlists in the library back-up I used to start the new core from. Happily resolved now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.