Help! Roon crashes immediately after startup! New problem

macOS Catalina - 10.15

Was using Roon yesterday. Worked fine for an hour and then crashed. Tried to restart the Roon software several times but Roon gets to the home screen and then crashes. Restarted the Mac and the same problem continues.

Nothing has changed with network, hardware or audio equipment. Had been very stable.

Please help!

Have you tried reinstalling roon?

Not yet. I just downloaded the file off the site and it’s an older version than I have installed. Not sure if I should install it?

I tried reinstalling. Same issue - loads and immediately crashes. Any advice?

Hi @Jeff_Rader,

Is the macOS Catalina device your Core machine or just a remote?

Did this start happening after an update (to either Roon or the OS) or after any new media was added?

So we can take a closer look, are you able to access your database and zip up the Logs folder for us?

If you can zip up that folder and send us a Dropbox link, we can get a sense of what’s gone wrong here. If you can’t access the database, or if you don’t have anywhere to upload the Zip file, just let us know. We’ll walk you through the next steps here so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.

Hi Dylan,

Answers to your questions below and the Log folder was emailed to you.

I tried to open Roon again last night and it appears to be ok now? Since then I have closed and opened it several times without any issues. Strange!

Let me know if you see anything that may have caused this or how I might avoid it in the future.

Thanks!

Is the macOS Catalina device your Core machine or just a remote? Core machine

Did this start happening after an update (to either Roon or the OS) or after any new media was added? No, it was several days since any updates or new media.

Hi @Jeff_Rader,

I’m glad that things seem to be working now! In the future if you come across this issue again, check to see if there is anything running that might be blocking Roon (firewall or antivirus) and also verify that there are resources available on the Core machine (RAM and CPU aren’t maxed our or anything like that). Let us know and we can take a look from there!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.