Help setting up core machine and Lumin S1

Hi guys,
I’m trying to set up the whole thing for the first time.
Using Lumin s1 that is supposed to be supporting roon. My music is all on a hard drive connected directly to the Lumin thank is hooked up to a Linksys Node. The core machine I set up is my home computer, but in fact is not connected at all.

Essentially what i’m asking is - how do I set up Lumin?

Not my Ipad nor my android phone can connect to the core device (downloaded the apps on both, of course).

The links through the Lumin website are broken. What am I doing wrong and how can I set it up correctly? Would love to get my 14 days running and experience it properly.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
The Lumin and the my windows computer (which actually has nothing to do with the music playing) are both connected using an ethernet cable.

HDD connected to a Lumin cannot be used for Roon.

For Roon, you need to install Roon on your computer, and it has to be connected to your network and accessible to the Internet. Plug the music HDD to the computer and setup Roon to use it. You also have to add Roon processes as exceptions to Windows firewall, or disable the firewall.

In Lumin app, please make sure you’re using Firmware 11.4 or later for the Lumin S1. And make sure that the Roon Ready setting is enabled.

In the Linksys, the setting AP Isolation has to be disabled.

In Roon on the computer, go to setup for audio devices, find Lumin S1 under networked Roon Ready devices, enable it and assign it a name.

You should also be able to see the Roon Core on the computer from the Roon remote app on iPad. If you don’t see it you have a firewall problem or WiFi problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.