Help specifying a NUC for ROCK

I was (certainly) blunt, and maybe uncouth, but not ironic (at least not this time). There are setups where NASs are fantastic. I’ve been using a converged appliances to store my stuff for the past 10+ years, and I’m very happy with that. I get multiple parity protecting tens of Tb of storage, 16 cores of awesomeness when I need a bit of oomph, a whole bunch of CUDA cores to make sophomoric stuff with, 10gb networking, a per-appliance power draw I probably couldn’t get elsewhere, stuff like that, all from a single unit in a sound-dampened closet far enough away that I don’t hear it. And it runs RoonServer just fine, and it even mirrors my stuff off-site, all by itself. I also wouldn’t begin to suggest it’d be a good idea outside of really specific use cases.

I’m not sure what disk access looks like running Tidal, but my point on energy consumption (and heat, and with it, noise) probably remains: you generally don’t want a NAS if you can help it. Just setting them up can be tricky, the next thing you know, you’re dealing with “why is my music not appearing right away”, then with God knows what else.
The whole point of ROCK is to keep things simple and appliance-like, hence the not-so gentle reminder that NASs are not a good idea for that usage.